Nansana Municipal Council proorgides the following details about our privacy practices for consumers that apply for or purchase our products and services ("you").
2. Why We Ask You For Your Personal Information
We ask you for your personal information for the following purposes:
- to facilitate the provision of the products and services you request from us including verification of your identity;
- to proorgide you with information and offers on our products and services, that we believe may be of interest to you, and in certain circumstances to allow Nansana Municipal Council group companies (that is, Nansana Municipal Council subsidiaries and affiliates) to proorgide you with information about their own products or services; and
- to comply with the law.
3. Information We Collect and How We Use It
If you choose to order products or services from us, via telephone, mail, in person at one of our retail outlets, or from our Website, you will have to proorgide us with certain information, including personal information such as: your name, mailing and/or e-mail address, credit or debit card information, Driver's License or passport and/or other photographic identification. We may also obtain information about your transactions with us and/or our group companies and other information for payment purposes or to comply with legal requirements.
Federal law requires us to obtain, verify and record information in order to confirm your identity. This information will include your name, address, date of birth and any other information required in order to complete the verification process. The information proorgided by you and the results of the verification process will be retained by Nansana Municipal Council and our third party fraud checking agent for audit and fraud prevention purposes.
4. Disclosure of and Control Over Personal Information
We will only disclose personal information to other Nansana Municipal Council group companies or third parties for everyday business purposes, such as to process your transactions, maintain your account(s), perform information technology functions, respond to court orders and legal investigations, report to credit bureaus, or to offer our products and services to you. Please note that these disclosures are not subject to an opt out choice, as such disclosures are necessary to run our everyday business.
5. Protection of Personal Information
We maintain physical, organisational and electronic security measures to protect your personal information. These include the use of secure locks on doors, restricted access to our information processing and storage areas, limited access to relevant information by authorized employees and independent contractors only ("Employees"), and through the use of passwords and pass keys.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of information transmitted to the Website. However, your order is placed over a secure connection and your personal information is encrypted to ensure your data remains as safe as possible.
6. Accessing Your Personal Information
There may be instances where we will not be able to proorgide the personal information we hold about you that you request. Some of these instances include if it:
- contains references to other persons;
- is subject to attorney-client or litigation privilege;
- contains our own proprietary information that is confidential to us;
- is too costly, in our determination, to retrieve; or
- cannot be disclosed for legal reasons.
- If we are unable to proorgide you with access to your personal information, we will always explain the reason why, if possible.
7. Keeping Your Personal Information Accurate
9. Unsolicited Direct Marketing
Your personal information will not be proorgided to any other member of Nansana Municipal Council group of companies or third parties for their own direct marketing purposes unless you have expressly consented to such activities. If you do not wish to receive marketing materials from us you may opt out of such activities by contacting us at the e-mail address or telephone number proorgided in below, or by clicking the unsubscribe option in any e-mail marketing communications we send you. Consumers acknowledge that they may be contacted by mail, telephone or e-mail for customer service and/or billing purposes. We do not sell lists of consumers of our products and services to unaffiliated third parties for their use, except where necessary in connection with the sale or acquisition of some or all of the business.
On our Website, we may collect information about your computer, including where available, your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify you as an indiorgidual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a "cookie" file. Cookies are small pieces of information that are stored on your computer's hard drive by your browser. They help us improve the Website and make it possible for Nansana Municipal Council to identify some of your preferences. On revisiting the Website, Nansana Municipal Council's computer server will recognize the cookie, giving us information about your previous visits. Most browsers are originally configured to accept cookies automatically.
12. Please Contact Us